Sunday, February 22, 2009

Day 4....but, who's counting?

As Mimi and I opened a bottle of much needed wine tonight, we toasted the fact that we had made it through our fourth day of "The Great Babysitting Adventure"!

Our day started quite early today as both kids woke up raring to go. And, go they did. : )

We put puzzles together, played with race cars (vroom, vroom), got "examined" by Dr. Owen and his doctor kit, changed diapers, diapers and more diapers (!), wiped runny noses, sang songs, danced, built towers with Leggos, soaked Cheerio's in warm water and cut the soggy things in half for Audrey to "gum", helped Owen make pizza for dinner and continually cleaned up shredded mozzarella cheese that was from one end of the kitchen to the other, laughed until we thought that we would explode, burped, took a million few pictures, hugged, did laundry, made up bottles of formula, cleaned out the bottles after the feedings, gave baths, "rubbed, kissed and blew" on boo boos to make them better... ETC. ETC. ETC.

...and, tomorrow we get to do it all over again!

: ) (YAWN) g'nite....

5 comments:

Beverly said...

Your time will be over so soon, and you will come home exhausted. Believe me...I know.

I'm so glad there are four hands there to work instead of just your two. You would be tired, for sure.

I'll be looking forward to your photos.

Tabor said...

Yes, I have been there and it is exactly what it meant by a labor of love. YOu will miss them terribly in a few days, but be so glad to have your own schedule back.

Clara....in TN said...

Oh, I want to join you! I've been there and done that....many times. Mine are all grown up now and how I miss those "baby" times! Can't wait to see the pictures!

Granny Annie said...

It is easy for me to envy you and feel sorry for you at the same time. How can something so rewarding be so exhausting? Thankfully all our eight grandchildren are over the age of six. (Our oldest is 19) My poor sister has five with the oldest being 4 and the youngest 8 months. Whew, I always feel for her on her return trips from babysitting. Glad you gals know the age old cure of a little wine.

Winifred said...

Yes it's lovely but tiring.

A glass of wine after they've gone to bed is a great reviver.