Saturday, February 07, 2009

Red roses and other stuff...

Dave walked in with a bouquet of twelve beautiful, red roses last night.

"They are gorgeous" I said, "but, honey, Valentine's Day isn't until next Saturday."

"I know" he said, "but, since you are leaving town a week from Wednesday...I wanted you to be able to enjoy them for more than three days."

: ) ....sigh...

**********************************************************************

Yes, a week from Wednesday I will be flying once again...this time, chilly frigid Minneapolis. I have decided to name the week that I am there: "Mimi and Grammie's Amazing Babysitting Adventure!" as the two of us will be taking care of Owen and Audrey on our own. (Mimi is the other grandma who I adore!)

A two year old and a 7 month old...should be quite a challenge. And, add to the mix wind chills of minus 20...Brrrrr. More on that later...

*********************************************************************

I'm trying to ignore the fact that I really need to gather together all of my paperwork to prepare for income tax time. I dislike that I have to do most of the work, hand it all over to my accountant.... and then he gets paid! OH, I abhor that chore and always put it off for as long as I can.

Unfortunately, it will still have to get done whether I ignore it or not....but, you can't blame a girl for trying.

Have any of you done yours yet???

********************************************************************

A little story from Mom and "The Home" today. She was toasting some bread in her toaster oven when she started to smell that it was getting a little burnt. Suddenly her smoke alarm went off..and, she said that it was excruciatingly loud and she couldn't shut it off. She grabbed the piece of toast...threw it into the sink and doused it with water....the alarm continued to wail.

Shortly thereafter, her personal "help me" alarm started going off, too. She was able to get that off...and then called the office to get some assistance. Soon, two employees were up in her room opening up the sliding doors and the one window that goes to the outside.

"Are you alright?" they quickly asked as they were rushing around.

"I'm fine," Mom said, embarrassed with all of the fuss...."I was just trying to make a piece of toast."

The alarm finally shut off and all was well...but, she later saw one of the custodians from "The Home" who said to her: "I hear that you were trying to burn the place down today..."

"I tried," she teasingly answered, "but it didn't work."

********************************************************************

It is an absolutely beautiful day here in Birmingham...mild temperatures...and plentiful sunshine. It makes me wonder why I am sitting here inside of the house typing on my computer.... when I could be outside enjoying it all.

Bye. : )

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Just got in from 'clearing some brush" outside. Weather is gorgeous! Yes, I am also getting papers together...our lives are simpler so maybe next year I will do my own taxes instead of paying someone.