Friday, February 13, 2009

Stuff

Today is Friday, the 13th.....Thirteen is my lucky number since it is the date of my birth....so, I don't get too worried when it falls on a Friday like today. Do you?

*************************************************************************

In preparation for my trip next week, I have been checking out the temperatures in Minneapolis. I noticed that the high is going to be 26 degrees and the low, 8 degrees tomorrow....Valentine's Day.

I hope that everyone living there has their love to keep them warm.

Brrr.

************************************************************************

So Tatianna will be in the top 36 on American Idol...what were they thinking? She is a little scary, don't you think?

Maybe it is a ratings strategy?

There were several finalists that I didn't necessarily agree with...and some got cut that I thought were great. At one point I even found myself "yelling" at the judges:"Are you crazy??"

...but, then I realized that I was talking to a television.

************************************************************************

I sent in pictures of my three grandbabies to the "Beautiful Baby Contest" on Regis and Kelly.

They have many of the candidates photos on their site...and, you know what? They are all beautiful.

That's the wonderful thing about children...there's not an unattractive one in the world. They all have those sweet faces and innocent eyes.

Maybe it is just the "grandma" in me...but that is how I feel.

***********************************************************************

I was thinking today about how much "maintenance" I have to do as a 60 yr. old woman. Moisturizing, waxing, hair dyeing, fingernail and toenail polishing, teeth whitening, plucking, hair rolling, vitamin taking, healthy eating, sloughing, exercising...etc. etc. I have a plethora of day creams, night creams, body creams, eye creams, wrinkle creams, hand lotions and other assorted potions.

It's exhausting...!

***********************************************************************

The new Survivor started last night. As soon as they arrived, each team had to vote one person off. Of course, one group immediately voted off the oldest member....a woman about my age.

But, she showed them....while they were all hiking to their campsite in 100+ temperatures, the Show did a surprise turn and transported her by helicopter way ahead of the rest of the team....dropping her off at the site to await their arrival.

Just goes to show you that older can also be wiser.

**********************************************************************

Let the packing begin! I continue to check on the week ahead in MN so that I will know what to put into the suitcase. When I arrive on Wednesday they are predicting snow showers and temps in the teens.

I am rounding up anything and everything that has any warmth to it and throwing it in...(Owen's elephant should be nice and warm all nestled in there!) : ) I do need to remember that warm clothing can be heavy....and, Delta has a 50 pound limit on the one allowed (free) suitcase.

aack.

*********************************************************************

I am trying to decide whether or not to get in touch with my financial advisor and find out how much money I have lost an update on my investments. Maybe not. I am thinking that it might be true what they say: "Ignorance is Bliss"...

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Grammie, I agree with you on Tatianna, She is a nut case. There for a while I was wondering if they had found any good talent at all. I have yet to see one that I think could do the job as American Idol.
I bet your grandbabies will win. They are beautiful and it's not because you are the Grammie.
Have fun on your trip to Minneapolis. Bring back plenty of pictures!

Beverly said...

Oh, do take warm clothes. I'm in Virginia now, and it isn't really cold yet...will get that way this weekend, but I'm cold, and my bones feel it.

Talking about ignorance being bliss,I used to have the stock market data on my yahoo page, and every time I went there, I got sick to my stomach, so I deleted it. It hasn't been nearly so bad..