Wednesday, March 18, 2009

American Idol quandary

Being the consummate "reality show groupie", I am in an American Idol contest this year.

What a surprise, eh?!

Today I had to list who I think the bottom three people will be and who (out of those three) will be going home. A bonus question was to name the three that will make it to the finals. Those of us participating in this contest get points for our right answers each week...right now I am placing around the middle of the pack.

Well, if you watched Idol last night...they all really did well....and, some who hadn't done well the week before really shined! (Like Anoop!) Even though it was "country song night" and many were way out of their comfort zone....they all managed to sing well...and "make it their own"!

What's a girl to do?

After way too much some thought, I finally came up with the following choices:

Bottom three: Kris Allen, Megan Joy, and Michael Sarver going home.

Top three: Adam Lambert, Danny Gokey, and Allison Iraheta.

What do you think?

Wish me luck! xoxo

5 comments:

Blessed Beyond Stress said...

Hey Grammie! I think you are right on target and my prediction for the winner is Allison!

Tabor said...

I don't watch, but my kids are addicted. Good Luck.

Beverly said...

Grammie, you know we are usually together with our picks, but you are all wrong. Being from Memphis I knew Alexis Grace deserved to go far. She has star appeal.....so now I am for Lil (it drives me crazy when Simon thinks it is short for little). Adam is too goth for me and that is a shame for all his talent) Iraheta is just not a good singer.
Oh, well, friend, it will be an exciting season. Let's talk some more.

L. said...

Hi Beverly..thanks for your comments about American Idol.

I have to tell you that the picks that I listed were what I thought others would do in the voting...not necessarily who I wanted to win/lose.

That is the way that this little contest that I am in runs things. So, I am put in the position of sending in my picks based on what I think America will do.

My favorite guys are Danny Gokey and Matt Girard. I would love to see either of them in the finals. Lil is an incredible singer...and, I could kick myself now for not putting her in my list of finalists. As far as Adam...again, I have to put what I think others will do...and I do think that the younger viewers will keep him in until the end.

Truthfully, they are all so good....it was very difficult to pick the bottom three this week. Hopefully, I will do better next week!
xoxo

Clara....in TN said...

American Idol has been strange for me this year. I cannot yet pick out a winner. Last year I had one picked out that I liked from the very start. I liked Adam until he messed up on Ring Of Fire. I know he is not a country person, and I cannot imagine anyone winning American Idol that CANNOT sing country music. I kinda have Danny Gokey picked out but maybe it is because I feel sorry for him because his wife died. Some of his performances have been better than others. I was surprised Allison was in the bottom three. Lil is good, but she can't sing country either. Anoot really did well this week. My mind has started leaning toward him as the winner. I am really at a loss as who the winner will be. I think the judges are going to use the save at the very end and they will have TWO winners! Who knows? I know I can't wait to see who will eliminated this coming week.