Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Clay boxes, barking dogs, basketball brackets, and a cute, little button

I got my hands back into my clay yesterday and it felt great. My creative side has had to take a back seat to my travels, taxes, and toilets (!!) lately....so, it felt nice to get some slabs rolled out and some boxes slowly assembled...piece by piece. I am in the process of creating a commissioned Tzedakah(charity) box for one customer and making a tooth fairy box for a friend's newest grandchild. I am so fortunate to be able to hand craft gifts for my friends and family. It makes me feel good to present them with something made by my hands...and my heart.

**********************************************************************

Getting into bed kind of late last night, I was totally exhausted and ready for a good night's sleep.

Unfortunately, my neighbor's dogs had other ideas as they presented me with a nerve-grating chorus of hours of loud barking. I tried to ignore the noise, but, their cage sits in my neighbor's backyard on my bedroom's side of the house.

I "wrapped" the pillow around the back of my head..but, that proved to be quite uncomfortable...I tried to train my mind to go elsewhere instead of concentrating on the incessant barking...all to no avail.

Finally, some time way after midnight (I was too tired to keep checking the clock) they stopped.

Then they started again...

This went on for a while...but, I did eventually fall off to sleep...only to wake up around 5 ish. I usually can get right back to sleep...but, for some reason this morning, my mind began to go in a million directions as I lay there quite awake. ...so, I just decided to get up and get my day started.

I'm sure that my tiredness will hit me some time this afternoon I'll be okay if I can just make it through American Idol tonight....after that, it will be lights out! : )

**********************************************************************

One of my very good friends is in the process of redoing her (already) beautiful home. The kitchen portion of the redo was finished, so I went over there on Sunday afternoon to go and see it.

It turned out amazing...beautiful new, rich, dark brown cabinetry accented with light colored marble countertops and a new tile floor. Every touch was special from the vent over the stovetop to the new wine cooler built into the cabinets.

What cracked me up though was the little tour that her husband took me on. He walked me through the brand new screened in porch that was really incredible, he showed me the magnificent shelving area in the great room where they would be displaying some of their lovely artsy pieces, the new bar area, the newly stained hardwood floors, the stereo, sound system, etc. etc.

What really cracked me up was, that with all of these beautiful new improvements...the one thing that he loved the most....the one thing that excited him above all else....the one thing that he proudly showed me saying that it was his favorite part of the redo....WAS...

...this cute little button built into the kitchen island countertop right near the sink. He excitedly turned on the water faucet...pushed the button...and voila! the disposal turned on.

Fascinating.

Only a man would get that excited over a button...

***********************************************************************

I decided to form a family group in the ESPN March Madness Basketball Challenge. I just finished haphazardly filling out my brackets. You are allowed to fill out up to 10. I have done 5 so far and it will be a miracle if I picked any of the winning teams.

But, it is fun to do....AND, the grand prize is $10.000!! That might just cover my new septic tank field lines....Aack!

***********************************************************************

Oh, and HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY everyone! Have a green beer on me!

XOXO

1 comment:

Tabor said...

God luck on your venture and your neighbor's home sounds lovely with or without a garbage disposal.