Saturday, March 21, 2009

I never should have asked....

Tomorrow is Dave's birthday...so, I asked him what kind of cake he would like for his birthday dinner. He asked me what his choices were...and I began to name different kinds of cakes. I then made the mistake of looking through a favorite cookbook of mine and spotting a recipe for an "Oreo Cheesecake". He said, "That sounds good!" so the decision was made....Oreo Cheesecake it would be!

This particular recipe is in four different parts: the crust; the filling; a creamy, baked topping; and, finally, a rich chocolate glaze.Sounds good, eh?

Well, a bag of Oreos, cups of whipping cream, two pounds of cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, eggs, and chocolate chips, etc. later....here is the pathetic-looking result.

What you see dripping down the sides and onto my countertop is the final part...the chocolate glaze. I followed the directions to a "T"....so, I don't really know what went wrong?

3 comments:

JeanMac said...

Still looks delicious to me - was it too warm, maybe, when topped?

JeanMac said...

Oops! Happy birthday, Dave.

Beverly said...

I'd eat it, I'm starving...

Happy Birthday Dave...