Monday, March 09, 2009

The "Squishy" Commode story continues...and other nonsense

I was pleased to sit down on the commode (sounds more dignified than toilet, doesn't it?) last night and all seemed well....no squishy sound and no leakage (see yesterday's post). Knowing that the plumber (that I met in Home Depot) was going to make the very long drive out to my house first thing in the morning, I decided to call him and give him this positive update.

"I'll just keep an eye on it," I told him, "and let you know if it causes any further problems."

An hour later, when Dave went upstairs to test it out, he told me that not only was it still squishing, but it was rocking and leaking as well.

Too late (and, too embarrassing!) to call the plumber back...I made the decision to sit tight for a couple of days and then get back to him.

Oh, the trials and tribulations of being a homeowner.

********************************************************************

My friend, Sharon, and her husband, are home from their trip to London and Israel. After a 5 and 1/2 hour trip back to London, a one hour layover there, an almost 10 hour flight from London to Atlanta, a three hour layover there...and then a final 45 minute flight back to Bham....they are finally home....and, trying to get used to the 6 hour time difference between here and there!

All of this fun...and, their luggage got lost enroute...Welcome home guys! : )

*******************************************************************

My bird feeder is being held together by a wing (no pun intended) and a prayer. The body of it is heavily duct taped...including the bottom which broke off at one point....Now, the original perches have broken off one by one...so, I have slowly replaced them with nails and glue. I just filled it full of seed and put it back outside for my feathered friends and realized that the glue had probably not totally dried where I inserted the nails. Hopefully, I won't find any birds glued to the feeder later on....!

*******************************************************************

I am 80% finished with my tax stuff. As soon as I finish my post for today, I plan on filling in the "workbook" that the accountant gave me...and sending it on!

I'm so proud of myself. I just hope that Uncle Sam feels the same way and doesn't feel the need to audit me.

*******************************************************************

I am pretty anal conscientious about paying my bills on time...so, while working on my tax stuff.... I was a little confused when I found two paid bills for my yearly newspaper service. I made a phone call this morning and found out that I had, indeed, paid twice and was now paid up through to December 2011!

I'm nice, but, not that nice. I asked for a refund for one of the years...Ah, newfound money....how nice...even if it is just $174....I'll take what I can.... : )

******************************************************************

Unseasonably warm weather is occurring here in Birmingham. I really don't like this time of year when one isn't sure whether to dress for winter or for spring when going out. Today, the high temp is going to be near 80 degrees...but, by Thursday, we are dropping back down into the 50's. What's a girl to do?

*****************************************************************

I feel guilty every time that I complain about our weather here in that MN is due for a blizzard of sorts later on this week. Sorry, kids....bundle those grandbabies of mine up!

*****************************************************************

Back downstairs to my taxes...maybe I can find some more overpayments....

Have a nice day! xoxo

1 comment:

JeanMac said...

I always enjoy your posts - quite the toilet trials,