Monday, April 27, 2009

Kentucky Derby, 2009

Per our annual tradition, Dave and I will be heading out to Louisville this Friday morning for the 135th Kentucky Derby "Run for the Roses"!

The Ladies Race, The Oaks, is held on Friday...and, this is the race that we look forward to as Dave and his Lexington buddy purchase good seats for it. This is when the fillies strut their stuff...and, it is a lot of fun. Making it even more personal to me this year, they are dedicating the race to breast cancer survivors...encouraging everyone to wear pink...and, more importantly, they are donating $1 for each Oaks attendee...with a minimum donation of $100,000!

Unfortunately, last year, it was torrentially raining and we weren't even able to enjoy our great seats....hopefully, this year will be better weather wise! I am crossing my fingers!

Dave encouraged me to make a hat for the event this year....so, I did. I tried to make the four little horses around the hat base look like females...not an easy task. But, with a little help from my local Michael's craft store....lots of glitter, some colorful tassels, ribbon, flowers...and, lots of hot glue...here it is!

You go girls!!!

No comments: