Friday, April 24, 2009

"Love Faces" finale.....Owen

Owen is brilliant.

I know that all grandmas say that...but, I couldn't resist!

His vocabulary and grasp of concepts seems beyond his 2 1/2 yrs. Of course I am quite prejudiced...but, during this last visit, he really amazed me.

What's so much fun about being with Owen is being able to actually converse with him. Because he is the oldest of my three grandkids...this is a new (and fun!) thing for me and makes me look forward to the day when the girls begin to talk...(not that I want to rush anything---Lord knows, time is passing way too quickly already!)

Owen is also very kind and compassionate. While he and I were playing with a wiffle ball and bat, the ball accidentally hit me..."Are you okay, Grammie?" he immediately asked. Who couldn't be okay after that?

He also checks on his little sister, Audrey, to see how she is doing. Many times that is followed by a big hug as he wraps his little arms around her even smaller body and gives her a squeeze. At that point, a collective "Aw...." is heard from all adults in the room....

I also love to watch Owen's inquisitive nature. I took him to the chilren's discovery place and museum while he was here. (As we drove up I saw a multitude of school buses and thought to myself that this can't be good. I was right. The place was mobbed with kids....of all sizes and shapes! It made me a bit crazy, but didn't deter Owen at all...even when the bigger kids ran by almost knocking him over! I just took a couple of Advil and continued on...) He loved exploring all throughout the place...but, I would say his favorite areas were the pretend grocery store, the puzzles, the water exploring area, and any area where there were moveable trucks, cars, or buses. I just followed him from place to place and let him explore. (Where do kids get that much energy?!??)

I also purchased some beginner plastic roller skates for Owen...as well as knee pads, elbow pads, and a helmet.

Hey, I'm not taking any chances with this precious grandson of mine...

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

How precious they are! What a bargin grandchildren are! Give them your loose change, and they give you a million dollars' worth of pleasure....well really, you don't even have to give them your change!

Beverly said...

I could replace Ella's name for Owen's and post that on my blog, LOL.