Monday, April 13, 2009

Stuff.

Spring has certainly arrived as storms continue to rumble through the Birmingham area. Because the ground is so saturated from all of the rain that we have had lately, many trees toppled over from the high winds. My immediate neighborhood seems to have made it through unscathed this time...but, they are predicting more rough weather this evening.

************************************************************************

I went to see the musical "Wicked" last night. Between the elaborate costumes, the incredible scenery, the wonderful music, and the extremely talented cast...it was a great show.

I loved the humor and all of the little clues and reminders that this was based on the story of "The Wizard of Oz". I also loved the life lessons that were taught throughout the performance...especially that the so called "Wicked Witch" really had a good heart.

If you haven't seen it and it comes to your town....I highly recommend it.

***********************************************************************

I am learning that I am certainly not the only grandma out there who is totally intrigued by American Idol cast member Adam Lambert. I have heard from several other grandma's since writing my article about being a "...giddy Grammie" over this talented singer. I am thinking that I should start a group called "Grandma's for Adam"! What do you think?

***********************************************************************

If you could see me now I have a huge smile on my face.

I also have a house filled with cribs, toys, diapers, formula, sippy cups, bibs, and baby food.

FOUR more days and my two sons, their two wives, and three grandbabies will be arriving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough said...(for now!). : )

***********************************************************************

As many of my readers know, Dave takes over the cooking duties at times and creates some of the most amazing dinners...until last night.

While I was at the show with my friend, he was busily putting together a dinner inspired by a recipe that he found.

As we sat down to eat, he filled my plate with fresh asparagus (yum) and sauteed mushrooms (one of my favorites)...and, then a pattie resembling a hamburger (here's where the trouble began).

"What is this?" I queried?

"Taste it and see if you can figure it out," he answered.

OK...so, let the tasting games begin...After the first bite I knew that this was not your usual pattie....but I couldn't really discern what the flavor was...but, I knew that it was not something that I was going to want any more of...

Well, it turns out that the recipe called for making a pattie by grounding up pork tenderloin and shrimp....(!!!) which was then cooked on the grill. And, then to top it off, it was accompanied by a peanut butter sauce made of various ingredients that I was really afraid to know!

I felt badly because I know that he put a lot of time and effort into it...but it really was an interesting strange combination of flavors...."Well, sweetie, you can't win them all," I said as I wrapped the extra patties up for him to take home...and, began to pop some popcorn.

*************************************************************************

Did I mention that my children/grandchildren were coming in Thursday????

: )

2 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Oh lucky you...to have all of the family together! I know you are going to be "on top of the world." The meal Dave cooked sounds wonderful. Make certain that you don't let him "get away." LOL

Beverly said...

I read this post yesterday, but I must have overlooked the section saying they were all coming. I obviously didn't read too well, did I.

I don't need to tell you to have a good time and enjoy. You surely will! Without a doubt.