Friday, June 12, 2009

...just another night....

I Skyped with the Minnesota crew tonight....and, Audrey is walking!! I got to see it first hand along with Owen singing several songs (one even with his guitar that I swear is almost as big as he is!). Such fun. I have to admit that this makes me love modern technology...

***********************************************************************

Dave is nervously watching his Pittsburgh Penguins play hockey in the Stanley Cup finals tonight. The score right now is 1-0 with Pittsburgh leading...so, all is well so far. He takes his Pittsburgh teams (where he was born) very seriously. That is why I am up here in my office writing on my blog instead of downstairs watching the game. ****We are having storms in the area right now and the power went off momentarily....when it went back on the score had changed to 2-0 Penguins.

Dave is happy. : )

**********************************************************************

The rib contest for tomorrow night is on! I decided to join the ranks and bought a slab today. I cooked it very slowly in the oven this afternoon (3 1/2 hours) with my dry rub slathered on. Then I made my own bar-b-que sauce to be put on tomorrow when I put it on the grill for a bit. Tomorrow night is the "big best ribs" contest. Dave made a crown that says "Rib King 2009"....I may have to cross out "king" and put in "queen" when I win the title...stay tuned.

**********************************************************************

I hate "hate". What is with the 88 year old man firing on people in the Holocaust Museum? He has a long history of anti-Semitism and general "hate". I don't get it. I just don't get it...

**********************************************************************

Of course there are always stories in the news that make us say, "huh?". The most recent one was about the daughter who threw out her mom's mattress....only to find out that it contained $1 million dollars in savings!

She'll be losing sleep over that...(pun intended) : )

*********************************************************************

So, Adam Lambert has finally come out of the closet.

Who cares?

His incredibly beautiful voice is what draws me to this fantastic singer. His unbelievable talent is what amazes me....More importantly, I am anxiously awaiting that first CD of his to come out....

*********************************************************************

Mom has had macular degeneration in one eye for several years. The other eye also has macular degeneration but was considered to be "dry".... meaning that the degeneration had not affected it yet....but, it was very possible. Once that occurs, it is classified as "wet". Unfortunately, the other day, she found out that the "good eye" was not becoming "wet". Not good news...but, we are hopeful that it will be a slow progression...or that some of the newest medical trials may work on her...some that can not cure it...but, can slow it's progression.

I am hopeful that she will be a candidate...

********************************************************************

Well, I guess that I will go and join Dave downstairs and watch the hockey game. Go Pittsburgh!

P.S. The Pittsburgh Penguins just won the Stanley Cup! Joy abounds... : )

3 comments:

Winifred said...

Hope your Mum's eye problems will be treated and that it does slow down the disease. Your sight is so precious and when you get older you seem to need it more. Best wishes to her.

listen for azure said...

Yay for the Stanley Cup win! I hope your mom's sight loss can be slowed or stopped - I hear they have new therapies available. Which is good because it runs in my family, too...

adam max said...

Yeah, but who won the rib contest?