Thursday, August 27, 2009

Did Sally Fields feel like this???

I took the once-a-month Boniva on Monday. Yesterday afternoon, I was achy and feverish along with a not so happy stomach...I called the doctor to see if it could be one of the many side effects of the pill.

"It could be that...or possibly the start of the flu," she said. "We will just have to wait and see what develops in the next few days...and/or, when you take the second Boniva next month. Please keep me updated."

Well, this morning the fever is gone but the stomach is still just a bit uncomfortable...leading me to believe that this just might be from the pill.

Now, in the Boniva commercials, Sally is always happy and perky and doesn't seem to be having any side effects from the pill.

How did I get so lucky? *groan* : (

*************************************************************************

I talked to Owen for a minute this morning. He sound soooo grown up!!!! He is with his other grandma, Mimi--the other half of the "Screaming Greemies" as we are known. She flew up there to help out while the kids are working, packing, and finding themselves with the day care taking a couple of vacation days.

She prompted Owen tell me: "Mimi needs you, Grammie!". It made me smile and laugh as the two of us do so well together...we absolutely adore each other and have so much fun when we are up there with the kids at the same time. I would love nothing more than to be there with her... babysitting those two cuties.

*sigh*

*************************************************************************

Feeling a little sorry for myself last night, I decided to make a little bowl of "quickie" chicken noodle soup. Since I didn't have the time or energy (or a chicken) to cook it from scratch, I took a couple of chicken bouillon packages, mixed them with water and added a touch of garlic along with some parsley and cooked it together on the stove for a couple of minutes. I added a ton of noodles to it...and, that was my dinner.

I love any kind of pasta...so, truth be told, it was mostly noodles with a little chicken broth...just the way I like it. And, it served its purpose as a definite comfort food.

************************************************************************

Well, I am going to take this cranky old body of mine and try to get some pottery done today. xoxo

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I need to get back on Fosamax and your experience with Boniva makes me wonder how good it is.

listen for azure said...

I hope the day brought you a little more energy and feeling better.

My day was so much brighter after hearing your lovely voice for a few minutes!