Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Oh, I must blog about this...."

(Garfield says it all)

Now that I have been long-time blogger (since June, 2006!), I find that so many things in my life have changed.

I look at the world so differently now in that every sight, every experience, every event, every thought, etc.....now becomes fodder for my blog.

When something special or unusual...or even mundane...occurs, one of my first thoughts is "Oh, I have to put that on my blog today!". When I am with friends at special events and have a camera with me, I am immediately asked:"Is this going to show up on your blog?". I assure them that I will get their permission first before posting their picture, unless, of course, I look really good in the photo! (ha ha)

In all seriousness, I do find that I am more aware of my world...in a good way. I notice the little nuances of life more often...and, I express some of my deepest thoughts that might not have surfaced had I not started this blog. Many times I find the writing so cathartic and helpful in finding my way through my own journey. By expressing my thoughts in my posts, I sometimes learn things about myself that I may not have realized prior to writing.

I am hopeful that, many years down the road, my children and grandchildren may know a little bit more about me through my blogging words. They will have the opportunity to see many facets of me that they may not have realized before. It is a little compilation of the world as seen through my eyes.(..and, sometimes, my rose colored glasses!) I am hopeful that someday my words will serve as a legacy of love for them and the rest of my family and friends...

Certainly there can be a downside to all of this...but, for me personally, I haven't experienced it as of yet...and, hope that I never do. : )

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Grammie this post reflects so totally what I have felt through blogging. I have gone through stages and am amazed at looking back on my moods and ideas. I also keep thinking of things I need to write about...but fortunately, I am old enough that I forget most of them before I get back to the computer.

listen for azure said...

The only downside I've found is being forced to retreat from a blog I loved writing. And it's just temporary. But it's also very empowering and freeing to take that break, I think.

I loved this post!

JeanMac said...

Only positives so far. Do enjoy your writings.