Thursday, August 20, 2009

The mystery is solved....

The beautiful flower arrangement that I found boxed and sitting outside my front door yesterday was sent by two very special people in my life...my daughter-in-law's brother and his wife. After calling FTD and realizing that it came from Chicago (FTD florists will not disclose names but, in a roundabout way the gentleman hinted that my thoughts about Chicago were right) I put the "A" and "B" together and immediately called the two of them.

Yes, they did it. And, no, it wasn't a mistake. It was one of those "just because".

How nice was that?

Aren't they lovely?

*sigh*

**********************************************************************

I spoke with my mom this morning and she is having a wonderful time up in Skaneatales, NY (pronounced "Skinny-atalas".....or as we call it, "Skinny" for short) with my youngest sister, Karen.

They are staying in my sister and her husband's beautiful second home up there and I am insanely jealous. : )

I have been invited...but, have been spending all of my traveling money and time visiting grandkids...so, I am enjoying it vicariously through Mom.

The weather has been lovely, especially the low humidities in comparison to S. Florida's sweltering summers.

They have been to shows like "No, No Nannette" in one of this quaint town's local theaters...and today they are going to see "Chorus Line". Yesterday they went to a wonderful art show filled with all kinds of pottery. Now, that I am really jealous of!

But, in all seriousness, I am so happy to know that Mom is relaxing and being taken care of in such a special way by my sister. She goes home Saturday, and I know that it will be hard for her to leave...

*********************************************************************

I guess that crossing my fingers and toes did help for my MN crew. They have now moved another step closer to buying the home that they fell in love with. The issue was an old furnace...and, the seller has now agreed to put in a brand new one. I'm so thrilled for them.

Obviously, when living in Minneapolis, a reliable furnace is of huge importance!!

Brrrr.

********************************************************************

Dave will be here tonight and I have a huge little list of "honey-do" things for him to do for me.

Shhhhh....please don't tell him.

: ) Have a nice day, everyone!

3 comments:

Beverly said...

stopping by to say hello. Isn't it nice to have people surprise you with a "happy"? The flowers were beautiful.
It is nice to have blogging friends and no one seems to understand why I enjoy these friendships so...I just do....

listen for azure said...

I love it that you got flowers just because. That's excellent!

My fingers AND toes are crossed for your fam and the house purchase.

Happy Saturday!

Winifred said...

That's such a lovely thought. Great your Mum is having such a nice time.