Monday, September 14, 2009

...the day after

So, my birthday has come and gone for another year!

Dave made it very special as he cooked another delicious dinner for me on Saturday night: shrimp cocktail, pasta with artichoke hearts, fresh spinach w/raisins and almonds and lobster tails. As if that wasn't enough, he even baked a little homemade birthday cake.

Yum.

How lucky am I? : )

********************************************************************

I had to smile as I read through all of the wonderful birthday cards that I received from friends and family. Then there were all of the sweet messages that I received on Facebook (and a special one on my blog post!) as well as all of the phone calls throughout the day.

It doesn't really matter how old one gets....the day still has such a special feel to it...and, I am so grateful to all who participated in giving me that feeling...

*******************************************************************

This afternoon was my first Mah Jongg lession with the Girlies.

There are a lot of little things to learn...a lot of rules.......making it quite complex and confusing, at times...but, I do think that it will be a lot of fun once we get a little more practice.

The teacher said that she would be honest with any of us who just can't seem to get it...and maybe suggest "Bingo" as a better game choice.

Midway through the lesson I felt like calling out "Bingo"....!

Next lesson, next Monday. I hope that I remember what I learned today.

*******************************************************************

I feel like I am living down in the dungeon (studio) these days as I continue to create new pieces for my upcoming art show. It is a slow process...but, I am trying to be patient as I hand-build and hand-paint each piece. I am a "detail person" when it comes to my pottery...so that certainly makes each piece slow going. But, it is also what makes my work uniquely mine and I am not ready to change that anytime soon...

******************************************************************

Oh, to have more hours in a day...

1 comment:

listen for azure said...

I need more hours, too. Where do I get those?

I'm glad your birthday was happy!