Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A day of paramedics, pomegranate popsicles, and peanut M & M's...

I awoke today to a slightly cool autumn morning. Ahhh....It was a welcome respite from the continual rain and muggy temperatures that we have had these past few weeks.

Suddenly, I heard sirens blasting and a huge fire truck pull up right in front of my house.

"Were they coming to get me?" I wondered. "Do they know something that I don't?!" : O

Well, they were actually heading to the house across the street from me so I wandered over to make sure that my neighbor was okay. It turns out that the grandma was taking care of her granddaughter while the mom was at work. The toddler had accidentally sprayed some household cleaner right into her eyes and was screaming hysterically....so, she called 911.

Luckily, all turned out well...and the red-eyed baby was fine after a little bit of TLC.

***************************************************************

My dear friend, who just had surgery, went home from the hospital today so I began to enlist friends to help prepare meals for her and her hubby. Between the surgery recuperation and then several months of aggressive chemotherapy, I will be scheduling numerous meals as well as errand running etc... I decided to get one of those large dry erase calendar boards to help me keep track of it all...especially since I already have over 30 friends (angels) who have volunteered to help out.

*******************************************************************

Today, they needed groceries so I got the list of items from one of her sisters and headed out to fill it and then deliver it. When I saw that one of her requests was for pomegranate popsicles I knew that this might pose a bit of a challenge for me. I figured that certainly Whole Foods would have something unusual like that....so, I headed there. Well, there was every fruit flavor imaginable in their freezer section...with the exception of Pomegranate! I headed to another store...again without luck. I finally made a phone call to my friend and found out that she gets this delicacy right down the street from me at the local Publix.

Who knew? : )

******************************************************************

Oh yeah....the peanut M & M's...... The reason that I mentioned that in my title was because --by the time I answered all of the loving phone calls, read all of the heart-warming emails and managed to get and deliver the Pomegranate popsicles, I decided to treat myself to a little bag of peanut M & M's.

OK, maybe it wasn't that little....but managed to snorf those suckers down within a minute or two.

...nothing like a little chocolate to soothe the soul....

*burp*

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

Okay, it sounds like you've got yourself in gear now. You've got missions to perform for your friend and you will stay occupied a good while. Pausing for chocolate for your own soul was a great idea!