Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No more "P's", please!

While yesterday was a day of paramedics, pomegranate popsicles, and peanut M & M's...today brings more "P's" to mind.

First of all, poison ivy. Remember when I worked on the neighbor's yard with the other volunteers? Well, that was when I got the initial outbreak of these ugly, red, itchy (did I mention "itchy"?!) bumps! I have been treating it with topical washes and solutions....but, have now found out that it is systemic...or, in my system. That means that a week and a half later I am still breaking out with brand new spots.

I phoned my doctor yesterday and she called in a prescription for Prednisone. You take a course of pills...four a day for four days, three a day for four days, two a day for.....etc. etc.

I took my first dosage today and I am finding that my pulse has gone sky high and I am having some heart palpitations. My hands are shaking so that is making it hard to paint my pottery!

Like I wasn't jittery enough before all of this.......! : O

1 comment:

JeanMac said...

Yikes! Feel so sorry for you - hope you are better soon.