Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Now, that will wake you up....!

Working in the backyard the other day, I suddenly heard a crunch, swish, and crash as a large limb from one of my trees came tumbling down.

Now it doesn't look that big in the picture, but, I promise you that it was too heavy for me to even move away. Maybe I should put a disclaimer under the photo: "Objects are actually larger than they appear.." : )

The scary part was that I had just been standing in the area where it fell.

Thank you, Guardian Angel wherever you are...

*****************************************************************************************************

My pool is now officially closed for the fall and winter. I usually wait until some time after Labor Day, but, with no one using it...the leaves falling....and the time-consuming clean-ups and chemicalizing....I decided to cover it up earlier this year.

It is usually takes an inordinate amount of time doing this....but, Dave, being the smart man that he is, suggested last year that we mark the ends of this massive pool cover--thus making the whole process easier the next time. This laborious chore was finished in 1/3 of the time.

Brilliant!

*****************************************************************************************************

Adam and Jenny have officially moved into their new, and roomier, home! I am so excited for them as they start this new chapter in their lives. I will be able to see it in person when I head back up to MN in October.

With both of them working full-time I know that this transition has been exhausting...moving always is....but, it seems as if they have pulled it off.

I like the sounds of this new neighborhood already...lots of young families. Their doorbell rang as they were moving in and three little girls were standing there already checking out the "new kids on the block"!

They are still having to decide on a new daycare for Owen and Audrey in that the one they are presently in is quite far away. Big decisions ahead...

******************************************************************************************************

Well, Owen is now 3 years and one day old! He got his new birthday bike (from the grandparents) yesterday and word is that he loves it! They took him out on the trail behind their new home and he tried it out!

...makes me smile.

******************************************************************************************************

It is 8:30 here and the morning is still cool enough to take my walk without overheating....so I am going to go and get my day started before the temps rise!

xoxo

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

listen for azure said...

I hate it that I can't checkin with you until way late... But at least I get to check in.

Happy Wensday! I'm glad the limb avoided you and waited until you were a safe distance away. I sent my guardian angel and didn't even know it...