Thursday, September 24, 2009

A tough day...

The waiting began early this morning as I anticipated hearing the results of one of my best friend's exploratory surgery.

Her positive energy had encouraged me to expect good results. She was determined to go into this with good thoughts and wouldn't allow any of us to worry or get anxious.

So, we tried not to.

However, her symptoms were problematic and she had gone from doctor to doctor having test after test.... finally ending up at an oncologist's office.

The call came about three hours after the surgery had begun.

It was not good.

The surgeon found cancer.

Damn.

I am still shaken from the results...and, my heart hurts for her as I know the challenges that lie ahead as she begins to take on the biggest fight of her life...

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

I cannot think of much better for her than having you as a friend.