Friday, September 25, 2009

Mind spin

Upon waking up this morning, I relived the whole day yesterday and the distressing news about my friend's cancer. It feels like my mind is just spinning out of control as I can't get all of my thoughts, worries, and hopes out of my head.

I guess that I was hoping to wake up and find that yesterday never really happened.

But, it did.

My friends and I can't stop calling each other just to hear another voice beside the one in our heads. This is the first close friend of mine to be faced with a serious illness and it is tearing us all apart.

We know that we must stay strong. We know that we will be there for her every step of the way. We know that our own lives must go on as usual. We know the determination that our friend has and how that will help her face the upcoming challenges. We know that there are many cancer survivors out there.

And, we pray that she will be one of them.

5 comments:

Beverly said...

I am so sorry to hear this news. I know that you will be a faithful friend and help her get through this ordeal. I cannot begin to imagine. My aunt had uterine cancer and was treated for it. She later was diagnosed again, and I remember her saying that she would wake up each morning, facing that reality, and then after a while, it was not foremost on her mind all the time.

Hugs to you both and my prayers are with you that you will each find strength for the day.

karen said...

So sorry . My prayers are with you. MY mom has Alzheimers and it is a slow mind destroying desease. I hate it and cancer.

Granny Annie said...

You have got lots of prayer ahead of you. I call it prayer without ceasing. It seems sometimes that the patient handles things better than those of us on the outside looking in. My precious Sil has just conquered tests, biopsy result of malignancy, decision to have a lumpectomy, good results from that and five radiation treatments following which was what we all were praying for. But she will be under cancer watch for the rest of her life. Bless your heart and your dear friends.

Tabor said...

Yes, I have been down this road a few times with friends and it never gets easier. Keep busy, volunteer to help others as well as your friend and it will help time pass. The helplessness is the threat and so you help others.

Clara....in TN said...

I pray the same prayer. May God's tender mercy be with her every step of the way. You will be a blessing to her I am sure! Sending hugs to you both!