Friday, October 09, 2009

Friday stuff

My sister, Karen, arrives today! I can't wait... : ) In celebration of her almost ten years (!!) as a breast cancer survivor, we are going to do the Susan G. Komen Walk for the Cure first thing tomorrow morning. The weathermen are threatening a 70% chance of rain showers....so, Dave is bringing over some ponchos for us...just in case.

*************************************************************************

I know that Karen was probably looking forward to getting away from the heat and humidity of S. Florida...but, unfortunately, it is steamy and hot here today. Things may cool down a bit by mid-week. I hope so.

Ironically, Adam called last night and told me that they were expecting snow flurries up there in Minneapolis. Brrrr.

*************************************************************************

After that whole shopping day at Costco, I got home only to find out that I had forgotten one of the main things that I wanted to get while there...toilet paper. But, hey, I got the 10 lbs. of walnuts, didn't I? Aack.

*************************************************************************

Is anyone else so tired of Jon and Kate? I am.

*************************************************************************

My newly diagnosed with cancer girlfriend went wig shopping yesterday...as, the oncologist told her that she would definitely be losing her hair when the treatments begin. She went with her mom and sisters...and, she said that it was a little fun....AND also, quite strange.

I can only imagine.

*************************************************************************

Another friend is spending a few night's out in a local hotel since having her hardwood floors refinished. She said that the fumes in her house were so strong that the workers were wearing masks that looked like oxygen was being pumped into them.

She had to go back over there this morning and said that she took a deep breath and ran into and out of the house as quickly as she could to retrieve a couple of things that she needed.

I know that they will look beautiful when they are done...and, when the choking fumes are gone.

The 'funny' thing was that her husband had been out of town on business and was getting in late last night...so, she left his room key at the front desk for him in case she was asleep. When he tried to get in, he found that the door was latched.

She had forgotten and had locked it up for the night...her hubby wasn't a happy camper as you can imagine...especially after a long day of traveling!

Once rested, I am sure that he got a good laugh out of it all.

*************************************************************************

Off to take a shower! Have a nice day, all.

1 comment:

listen for azure said...

Hi, stranger! I love it that you're walking the walk. I have an aunt and a friend who both are battling breast cancer right now. My heart goes out to them and all the people who love them.

I hope your loves know about caring bridge, a web site where you can journal, have people leave comments and it's free. Both my aunt and my friend are weekly posters and they say it helps their recovery immensely.

HUGS!