Monday, January 04, 2010

stuff.

So, I went to the grocery store late this afternoon and it looked like they were giving away free food...the parking lot was full and the place was packed! The only thing that I could figure was that people had heard about the possibility of snow in our area in a few days and were stocking up. It was crazy...and I got totally caught up in it all. I found myself buying things like I was going to be on a deserted island for a month! What was I thinking?

Anyway, as I was checking out, I watched the bag boy putting my groceries in my ecologically friendly green Publix bags. As I watched him place several items in the bag, including my tomatoes...you can imagine what I thought when I then saw him place several heavy things, including a 3 pound spaghetti squash right on top of them!

"Oh no...the tomatoes!" I said.

"Tomatoes? What tomatoes?" he answered seemingly puzzled. "You didn't buy any tomatoes."

"Oh, yes, I did, I said, and you just dropped a heavy squash on top of them."

Still insisting that I didn't purchase tomatoes, he began to go through the bag.

"Oops. I guess that you did," he finally said.

Aargh.

******************************************************************

Tomorrow morning I go for my first annual Reclast infusion. Since I tried taking Boniva for my osteoporosis but had uncomfortable side effects, the dr. suggested that I try once-a-year Reclast instead. Reclast is a type of medicine called a bisphosphonate that works to increase bone density as well as protecting and strengthening your bones.

I'm a little concerned about the possibility of having some of the same side effects afterwards....but, hopefully it won't be too bad.

Wish me luck!

******************************************************************

Everyone is all a-buzz about the upcoming college football championship game between Texas and Alabama. Many of the local folk are dishing out big bucks to head out to Pasadena where the game will be played.

Dave and I will be watching it in the comfort of my home......no big bucks paid for that experience.

*****************************************************************

While we are having exceptionally frigid temperatures here in the Deep South, my sympathies are really with my Minneapolis kids. They haven't had temperatures above 0 for a week now and my son said that the lows have been close to minus 20. He said that their driveway was like a sheet of ice as it has been so unbelievably cold there.

To add insult to injury, they are just getting back from a trip to Miami where the temps hovered around the high 70's and the kids went swimming and played on the beach.

Ouch.

*****************************************************************

Off to bed to rest up for my Reclast tomorrow....

G'night all.

3 comments:

listen for azure said...

I'm sending you wishes for a good experience!

Granny Annie said...

We are going to make an effort to get to the grocery store today and we expect a mad house as others do the same. We have MORE snow predicted for tomorrow. Okies just aren't used to this kind of winter. Even ice storms melt fairly quickly.

So, were the tomatoes okay? Poor unaware young man. Maybe he'll pay better attention now.

Tabor said...

you have reminded me that I need to get my bone density tests!