Monday, February 08, 2010

The most touching part of the entire day was the "Survivor March". This occurs after the races are completed as all breast cancer survivors line up and walk through the crowd together.

The first photo shows my sister, Karen, and her co-chairman for the Race next year heading to the line-up of survivors.

It is an amazing sight to see women (and a few men) wearing their pink shirts and walking together to the stage. Young and old, all colors and nationalities....some walking a bit slower than others....some proudly showing their "battle scars" such as a completely bald head...but, all of them celebrating the fact that they are still here....they are true survivors. The stage continued to fill up until they couldn't fit anymore up there...so, they began to line up right in front. It was an incredible moment and there wasn't a dry eye anywhere...

Another shot of my three sisters, Mom and me as we all gathered to show our support to this great cause.

I look forward to continuing to celebrate Karen's future years of survival as we look to her 11th next year, then her 12th, 13th, 14th....and on and on and on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog you got here. I'd like to read more about that topic. The only thing that blog misses is some photos of some gadgets.
Nickolas Watcerson
Phone jammers

Clara....in TN said...

I wish I could have been there to walk with you. This month, I am a three year survivor.

jeanmac said...

What an emotional day that must have been, such joy and sadness intertwined! Love Jean