Friday, February 05, 2010

Awaking to the sounds of.....

....heaters, dehumidifiers, and powerful fans down in my basement this morning sitting on flooring that was exposed after part of the carpeting was cut away!

I awoke smiling until I remembered the "Great Flood of 2010" (ha) that had occurred yesterday in my downstairs! *groan*

It will be interesting to see what today will bring as I await the insurance adjuster and the work crew to finish tearing up some of the soggy mess down there.

And, this is just the beginning as they will eventually have to tear up concrete and shrubbery outside where the roots have damaged the pipes going to my septic tank...

I keep telling myself not to get too upset in that these are just "things"....

Messy, expensive, and time-consuming things....but, "things" nonetheless.

Right??? : O