Thursday, February 04, 2010

Who knew?????

As I sit here tonight, there are two men ripping up my carpeting downstairs and tearing down parts of my walls and I'm not doing anything about it...

Let me explain...

As I got ready to leave my house this afternoon I noticed water in the garage. Checking things out further, I found that the laundry room was flooded as well as the bathroom in my studio....and the carpeting was drenched.

I immediately did two things...called a plumber and called my insurance company (the third thing that I did was to open a bottle of wine) !!!

The good news was that the plumber came right away....the bad news was that they found out the cause of the stopped-up water.....tree roots had cracked my outside pipes allowing dirt to fill them! This is going to be a major job....

Who knew that when I woke up today I would be sitting here tonight listening to pieces of wall being removed while carpeting is being ripped off of the floor???

And, this is just the beginning....

AAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Tabor said...

What a disaster. I have been through a few floods in the basement of houses and it was not fun. Hope it goes away fast.