Saturday, March 20, 2010

With the temperatures in the high 60's (maybe even reaching 70?) yesterday, I am realizing that spring is really going to happen this year! With our unusually cold winter that seemed to linger, I was a getting a bit concerned.

So, to celebrate the warm weather.....at the end of the day, I took myself outside to my patio, got comfy in a lounge chair, poured myself a glass of wine and watched the birds joyously enjoying my feeder...I noticed that many of my shrubs were now sporting a new coat of brand new buds...soon to be filling my yard with flowers...

Dave arrived shortly thereafter and another glass of wine was poured as we talked and took in nature together. The multitude of birds that dine on my feeder was quite entertaining....the sky was as blue as it could get at that time of day....not a cloud in site....and, all was quiet.... with the exception of the bird's sweet songs. It was so nice and relaxing that it was quite difficult to eventually get up and go in and fix dinner...

Welcome spring....and, thanks for the "Ahhhhhh".... : )

No comments: