Friday, March 19, 2010

"Life is too short to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde

Memo to myself....no matter how difficult it is to finally get to sleep...do not take a Tylenol PM at midnight!

Result of doing this: I finally dragged my groggy self out of bed this morning at 8:45!

That makes it feel like the day is already half gone.

*groan*

**********************************************************************

Ah...the NCAA basketball tournament has started....and, you know what that means....Dave will be glued to the television all day and night.

I must admit that I actually enjoy watching these games....but, mostly the last quarter. That's when all of the excitement happens. Overtime is even better!

**********************************************************************

Well, the basement is still there....unfinished and uncarpeted and dusty. The outside walkway is still a pile of dirt with chunks of broken concrete piled high. The destoyed landscaping is still that...destroyed.

Like I told a friend this morning, the insurance companies are quick to take your money....but,

s-l-o-w to cover your damages.

I'm trying to cope with it all....thus the saying at the title of this post! : )

**********************************************************************

Today is my middle sister's birthday. Happy, happy day, Sherri! I hope that the sun is shining down there in Florida and that you have a nice luncheon this afternoon.

It still blows me away that you are getting older....especially since you will always be younger than me!

**********************************************************************

Today the reupholsterer (sp?) should be returning my couch cushions. The stuffing had gotten a bit flat and they were going to plump them up a bit.

I am crossing my fingers that they arrive because the large couch is pretty much the only place to sit in my great room...and, I am having dinner company tomorrow night.

**********************************************************************

While in Target yesterday shopping for birthday cards, I noted that the cards in the "specific age" category ranged from 1 year old to 100 years old! I commented to the saleslady that it was so wonderful that people were living long enough these days to warrant a card celebrating birthdays in the 90's and on up.

She agreed while I was thinking that I would, hopefully, merit one of those cards one day... : )

*********************************************************************

Well, it is a beautiful day here in Alabama...so, I am off to take my morning walk.

Don't take things too seriously today...and have a good one!

xoxo

No comments: