Sunday, April 25, 2010

Oh nose!

Once I started to fall, there wasn't anything else that I could do but let it happen...

I'll start from the beginning.....

While enjoying a lovely dinner out with friends last night, I excused myself to go to the restroom. As I stepped off of the carpeting and on to the tiled floor I stepped on something slick and began to fall. Fortunately, I caught part of my fall with my hands....unfortunately, I caught the rest of the fall with my face---actually my nose!

As I slowly stood up and touched my face, I realized that I was bleeding from a gash on the bridge of my nose.

At this point people, waiters, and the restaurant manager began to gather around me handing me napkins etc. to stop the copious bleeding.

Neither my friends nor Dave had any idea of what was going on as I was out of their sight.

The waiter handed me a disinfecting wipe and then put a large bandaid over the cut. I made my way back to the table and as I approached Dave and my friends I could tell initially that they thought that I was kidding. It wasn't until I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror that I realized why. The waiter had put a very large navy blue bandaid across my nose and it was very strange looking!

Waking up the next morning, I was quite uncomfortable and swollen...so decided to go to a "Doc in the Box" and check it all out. After three xrays were taken, the doctor came in and announced that I had fractured my nose! She suggested that I see a plastic surgeon to get his opinion on whether surgery would be necessary.

Ironically, since my teen years, I have always disliked the shape of my nose and wished for a nose job. However, at this point in my life I have grown accustomed to it and would rather not change it....nor have surgery.

I guess that the adage really is true: Be careful what you wish for....!!

2 comments:

Granny Annie said...

Where have I been? I missed this post completely. Glad you are okay. I wonder if the restaurant has sent you a big bouquet of flowers alone with a release of liability form? If not for the fall, they should at least apologize for a BLUE bandage!

jeanmac said...

Gosh. so sorry. I was glad to read in the newer post that yo won't need surgery. Take care.