Sunday, June 20, 2010

As people all over honor their dad's today, I feel somewhat of an emptiness.

Having lost my dad a few year's ago, I don't have the privilege of sending a card....or picking up the phone to send my Father's Day wishes and love.

I'm trying to use the day to remember all of the good things about Dad....in hopes that it will alleviate some of the sadness that goes along with loss of a loved one....more pronounced during holidays.

The photo above was from the last visit to my home that Dad made. I had the whole family here for Passover and decided to do a "pottery class". He sat very quietly working on his little state of Florida...adding the wonderful touches of a smiling face. He painted it in bright colors and seemed quite proud of his accomplishment.

After I expressed to him how much I loved it, he told me to keep it here in my house...that he wanted me to have it.

I didn't refuse...and, I am so glad that I did. It hangs in my studio and makes me smile every time that I see it.

Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love and miss you...

No comments: