Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"Don't blow bubbles into the wind."

When I got in bed last night I began to look at this little book that I have had forever...it is called: "Really Important Stuff My Kids Have Taught Me" by Cynthia Copeland.

This delightful book is filled with wisdom from a child's perspective. Simplistic, yet full of great insights for people of all ages!

Here are some of my favorites:

"If you are going to draw on the wall, do it behind the couch.:

"Some weeks you really need Saturday on a Wednesday."

"Even if you make a really nice place for it to live, with grass and dirt and a few rocks and sticks, the caterpillar will still spend all its time trying to get out of the jar."

"Grandmothers don't mind hearing the same story over and over, but other people do."

"Hiding peas under your napkin only works once."

"Don't say 'The last one there is a rotten egg' unless you're absolutely sure there's a slow kid behind you."

"Remember who gives you wet kisses, and the next time you see them, wave from across the room."

"If you want a kitten, start out asking for a horse."

"A penny saved is not much."

And my favorite: "Don't always act your age."

Makes perfect sense to me..... : )