Tuesday, June 08, 2010

I can see clearly now......the green is gone!

It took a lot of hard work (not to mention, chemical$!) but my pool is crystal clear and open and ready for summer!!!

Now, if I could just fill it with the sounds of giggling grandchildren! *sigh* : )

******************************************************************

Mah Jongg Monday was a lot of silliness and fun as we all seemed to need to just do a lot of laughing. Not the most serious game that we have ever had....but, certainly one of the most fun.

******************************************************************

My mom, sisters and I are trying to plan a trip to Skaneateles, NY, this summer. We are going to celebrate two special b'days in the group this year. One sister, Karen, turned 50 in March, and another, Marsha, will be rounding the bend to 65 in September. The plan is to meet up in Karen's beautiful NY summer home and all be together for several days!

One would think that this would be relatively easy..but, when you have 5 women all trying to work out their best dates as well as planning a few side trips along the way....well, it becomes complicated.

I am the kind of person who likes to make the plans quickly, buy the tickets, and then just sit back and look forward to the whole thing. I have a difficult time with a "wait and see" approach....but, having grown up with three very different sisters, I should know better.

*****************************************************************

Did you know that a Tootsie Roll pop is only 60 calories? I tried to convince the Mah Jongg girlies to each have one yesterday. Besides being a great way to solve one's craving for something sweet, I announced that this guilty pleasure can last about an hour.

So, they all timed me.

I got to the wonderful Tootsie Roll middle in less than 10 minutes.

So much for that theory...but, they all ended up taking one anyway.

Maybe that's why there was so much giggling at Mah Jongg yesterday?!?!?!

No comments: