Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Grammie's Grunts

OK. I have to vent a little and my blog is the perfect place to let it all out.

Sorry.

Why is it that:

People tell you one thing and then do another? When I am told that I will be called back, I expect to get that call. When I am told that someone will be arriving to my home within a certain time framework...why don't they show up....or, at least call?

Why do people find the energy to be mean-spirited when that same amount of energy could be expended on pleasantries and kindness? It seems so easy to just soften a tone of voice and put a smile on someone else's face. Have lost this character trait in our busy-ness??

Why can't people allow President Obama to be the person that he is? If he shows too much emotion then they say he is "weak" and "indecisive". If he doesn't show emotion, they say that he is "cold" and "unfeeling". Give the man a break...after all, he is just that, a man.

Why is it that the people who seem to have everything in life don't seem to appreciate it...while those who don't, do?

Why can't all phone numbers just work with a numeral "1" in front of the number? When I dial a number of someone out of town...if it turns out to be a cell phone, I get the message that it isn't necessary to dial a "1"...and, to please dial again. Conversely, if I try calling a long distance number and forget to put a "1" in front of it, the voice tells me that I don't need to use a "1" and to please dial my number again.

Why is there so much anger and hate in the world? I just don't get it.

Why do the food manufacturers think that we aren't bright enough to recognize that their product boxes, cans, or bags are getting smaller, while the prices are going higher? C'mon people.

Why would a huge oil company drill in open waters and not have a million back up plans ready to put into action just in case something goes wrong???? Certainly they must care about our environment, too, right????

Why does simplicity seem to always become so complicated?????

Well, that's it for now....I guess that I feel a little better. Thanks for listening.

Peace. : )

No comments: