Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I knew as soon as I stepped outside that this was going to be a beautiful day....

....as the air had a crispness in it that reminded me that Fall was here!

With highs in the lower 70's and lows in the 50's, I couldn't have ordered better walking weather.  It was heavenly....and, I even went an extra mile this morning since it felt so nice out.  Yessssss....I'm loving this.
******************************************************************
I have been Skyping with Celia lately and she has been so adorable.  She sits on her Daddy's lap and just stares into the computer....seemingly amazed that her Grammie shows up on this little screen!

Last time we did it, she kept leaning into the computer and kissing the screen. It was so sweet.

Be still my heart.
*****************************************************************
OK. As much as I love watching the many varieties of beautiful birds in my backyard, something or someone (?) has been making a mess of things back there....and, I may have to give this up until I figure it all out.

First of all, after filling my squirrel-proof feeder to the top, I find the seeds scattered all under it the very next morning.  The feeder is still intact.....but the food is on the ground!  This has occurred more times than I care to tell you.

The only thing that I can figure is that an animal is going around and around on the flipping mechanism on the feeder, thus spilling out all of the seed?  It really has me baffled.

Secondly, whatever is out there at night has also begun to empty my hummingbird feeder.  At first I found it on the ground, empty of its sugar water. This happened a couple of times and let me tell you, it isn't an easy feeder to get off of the hanging hook.  Then the other morning, I found it still hanging, but completely empty....and this was after I had refilled it to a pretty full level.

Now, I am picturing a very smart raccoon bringing a straw along and having himself some sweet liquid refreshment.

I'm close to stopping my bird feeding....and, this makes me quite sad....but, what's a girl to do?
*sigh*
******************************************************************
I'm beginning to get really excited about our upcoming trip to San Francisco!  The temps are quite cool there right now, so I am beginning to go through some of my heavier clothing to pack. I am also searching for some really comfy walking shoes, because I have been told that we will be doing a lot of that while there.

I have read Frommer's guide to San Fran....and a friend loaned me Fodor's guide yesterday, so I have begun to read it's contents.  I have been putting sticky notes on the pages that interest me so that I can share the info with Dave....and it is already filled with tons of the notes!

I'm just plain dizzy with information!!!
Well, truthfully, I'm just plain dizzy! Just ask Dave.
: O


No comments: