Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm wired!


After a morning visit to the cardiologist's office to get hooked up to a Holter monitor, I am feeling a bit like the bionic woman....but, without the super powers!

For as long as I can remember, I have had a "fluttering" feeling in my chest...and have had it diagnosed as mitral valve prolapse (which I supposedly do not have anymore!) stress, too  much caffeine, and palpitations.

In the last year these have gotten more frequent and progressively worse...so, my dr. and I thought that it was time to check it out further.  Thus, the reason for the monitor.

I will wear it for the next 24 hours and note whenever I feel a palpitation by pushing a button on the monitor and writing the info down on the sheet of paper that they provided. Then, next Wednesday, I will actually see the cardiologist who will have decifered all of my heart beats and let me know what is going on.

Wouldn't you know it.....so far, I haven't felt a thing....but,  I just ate some M and M's to see if that will bring on a flutter or two.
I am crossing my fingers that they don't....in that there is no way that I could ever give up chocolate.

*sigh*

No comments: