Friday, October 08, 2010

Wow.

Day two of our San Francisco trip.

What a beautiful place this is!

A few things that we have done so far:
Domain Chandon winery.  We were supposedly at a "tasting" that turned out to be more of a "drinking"!  We took the little tour and then went to have a taste of the delicious sparkling champagne.  Four smallish glasses
later (!) and we were a bit giddy.

Dinner that night was at one of the places that Dave had found on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.  It was a little local favorite with a full menu of delicious Italian foods.  We left there satisfied and several pounds heavier.

It was late by the time that we left there so we headed for our hotel in Santa Rosa.  I didn't realize that the drive was going to be along a winding mountain road.  Not a very relaxing drive...in fact, it felt like a ride at an amusement park but, we got to our destination safely.

Today we left wine country and headed to San Francisco.  All I  kept saying was "wow"....the scenery was incredible.  Before getting to the hotel, we stopped at Muir Woods. There were a variety of trails to walk along and see the huge redwood trees.  It was a delightful day....a little cool, sunny....perfect for our 2 mile "hike". There was such a sense of peacefulness walking amongst these giant trees.  It was really lovely.  Dave moaned about the hiking part for a minute....but, ended up enjoying it as much as I did. 

Leaving there afforded us some incredible sights along the steep roads.  We stopped at a couple of areas off the road so that I could capture some of the beauty with my camera.  Breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking.  And, of course, on the way down we saw a little truck set up selling all kinds of nuts. We stopped and  I purchased a big bag of honey roasted cashews. Mmmmm.

Our next stop was Sausalito for a bit of window shopping.  As we headed down the main street, filled with a variety of shops, ice cream parlors, coffee houses, etc., we ended up at the bay and were given a view of the Golden Gate bridge as well as the city of San Francisco. Amazing.

After checking into the hotel, we went down to the lobby for a complimentary wine hour...and, then it was on to Fisherman's Wharf where we had some fresh fish and bought a "tourist-y" tshirt for Dave and a sweat shirt for me.  I was delighted with my new hot pink "San Francisco" sweatshirt because by this time the sun had gone down and it was chilly out!!

As I type all of this I am realizing why I am so exhausted tonight.

I am looking forward to another fun day tomorrow.

G'nite. : )

No comments: