Sunday, December 19, 2010

My last day...

I awoke with a certain sadness today as I realized that today will be my last day with Jeffrey, Janet, Celia and Dylan.

While I know that it is time to go, I will so miss waking up and seeing those faces I love.

Oh, I will miss so many things:
...watching Dylan grow bigger and stronger each day...
...sharing Celia's delight as she dances joyfully around the room...
...capturing those moments when Celia wants to share with me and says: "Look, Grammie!"
...holding Dylan in my arms as he looks up to me and coos...
...walking back to the house and having Celia run excitedly to my arms...
...singing all of those wonderful childhood songs..."Itsy Bitsy Spider"....and, of course, Celia's favorite one-    "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" (and, smiling as she pronounces it "Tinkle")...
...sitting in the tent with Celia and playing "pretend"...and "peek-a-boo"!
...having Dylan wrap his fingers around mine...
...seeing Celia flirt with Papa Dave...
...feeling so fulfilled as I see what wonderful parents Janet and Jeffrey are...
...hugs, hugs, hugs...
...simple childhood pleasures...and so much more.

Tomorrow morning will come and Dave and I will head to Delaware to spend the Christmas week with his family....and, though sad to leave, I will smile inside knowing that I have been the grateful recipient of my family's precious time.

It really doesn't get much better than that, does it?





No comments: