Thursday, December 02, 2010

Time to get back to work!


Dave and I have finished my new 37"high work table for my pottery and, I love it!

I had been working on low folding tables forever and, after seeing the table that my bro-in-law made for my sister, we decided to tackle one ourselves.  It will enable me to sit higher up and even stand when needed without bending over.  It will be a huge improvement for me and I can't wait to start using it!

It started out with heavy duty shelving units placed side by side.  I can always put more shelves for storage underneath, but, for now, I would rather have the leg room. Then a wooden "lid" was made to fit snugly over the shelving unit by using two by fours underneath.  The top was then coated with a natural decking stain so that the clay's moisture wouldn't adversely affect the wood.

The great thing about it is that it can easily be moved because the top can lift right off leaving pieces of shelving below.  So, even though it is quite heavy and very steady, it is mobile.

As soon as I can find a great work stool, I won't have any more excuses for not getting my hands back into the clay!

:  )

No comments: