Monday, January 24, 2011

What's a nice Southern girl like me doing cheering for the Pittsburgh Steelers?

Sharing Dave's passion for the Pittsburgh Steeler's football team is nothing short of fascinating. He was born in Pittsburgh and still feels a strong connection to the area's sports teams.

Come game day, he traditionally will wear his Steeler's jersey.  Now, which one he wears is not a simple decision....some jerseys are better luck than others...depending on which one he was wearing during the last winning game. Any Steeler's tops worn during a loss are not good Karma. : )

Luckily, I own a Steeler's sweatshirt....so, I put that on yesterday before the big game against the Jets.  The winning team would be going to the Superbowl....so, this was serious business!

He likes things to stay the same as they were for the last winning game, so, even moving the television a bit was a no no.  I think that he might have wanted me to be in the kitchen during the game because that is where I was when they had their last big win.  However, I told him that I wanted to be on the couch with him to enjoy this game....and, he relented.

Of course, once the Steeler's began to play really well last night he did not want me to leave the room or even the couch.  I could run out during commercials for a bathroom break or to get the wash out of the machine downstairs...but, had to hurry back when the game resumed. Too funny....

Well, things went our way as the Steelers ended up winning the game and will be playing in the Superbowl next Sunday.

If you ask Dave, he will probably tell you that we won because I stayed on the couch during the game. In fact, I may have single-handedly been the reason for the victory!

It's nice to have that kind of power, isn't it?

No comments: