Thursday, March 03, 2011

Sleep escapes me these days....

...as I find myself wide awake at all hours of the night thinking (and worrying!) about what is going on in my home right now:  Construction workers coming and going....meeting with contractors.....once beautiful floors being torn up and carried off....the steady noise of powerful industrial fans and dehumidifiers going 24/7....the buzzing of electric saws cutting through wood....dust, dust, dust everywhere...huge sheets of plastic sheeting flapping in the wind caused by the fans while attempting to cover up shelves and the valuables that they contain...heading out to flooring showrooms to sift through piles of tile samples.....and the crow bars lifting up soggy sub-flooring with possibilities of finding more moisture in newly exposed places...etc. etc. etc.

I am trying desperately to look at the bright side of all of this....when all is said and done, I will have new flooring in my kitchen and great room....and new carpeting (again) put in downstairs. The men will be gone....the noises will stop....the plastic sheets will be taken down....my rugs and tables and lamps and art work and personal items will be put back where they belong....and I will have my house back again. These are just things.....and things can be replaced. I tell myself this countless times a day. It has become my daily mantra.

However, since none of this was planned...it becomes a stress that I hadn't anticipated....and, that is the part that is difficult.  That, and being concerned about having just had a major flood in 2010 and  how all of this will affect my insurance coverage.

But, for now, I will just have to deal with lying in bed at all hours of the night while I allow my racing mind to continue to go through its myriad of thoughts and concerns.

A few sleepless nights producing heavy bags under the eyes never hurt anyone......I will get through this newest challenge....and, hopefully, laugh about it someday.

I can't wait for that day to be here.... : )

1 comment:

Tabor said...

So sorry to read about this flood. I have been through that and I lost much of my stuff and I do know what you are going through. I had a little baby when mine happened, so perhaps you can take comfort in the fact that you have no children to care about while you come out of this nightmare.