Friday, March 18, 2011

Still living in confusion....but, I am getting used to it!?

The house is still in a state of disarray....not much has been done in the last two days....and, today isn't looking any different.  At this point we are waiting for the carpeting and the tiles arrival.  Patience is getting more and more difficult...as the floors are stripped bare, furniture is gone, dust is rampant, and plastic sheeting is covering most everything else.

BUT, it is an absolutely, amazingly beautiful day today!  The sky is blue, the sun is shining, birds are feasting on my newly filled feeder and the temperatures are warming up.  I am looking forward to my walk outside in just a few moments. Ah....

**************************************************

Talking about confusion....I am so disheartened by what is going on in Japan.  The whole nuclear problem seems to be unclear and panic is taking over.  It must be frightening for the people over there to be in such a state of limbo where they are not sure of anything right now. I can't even begin to understand their predictament...but, my heart goes out to them.

No matter how small, our donations are so very important right now.  Again, here is a safe site to make yours:  
https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052&s

************************************************
Missing my kids and grandkids today, as always.  I might have to plan another trip to visit them all soon.  I know that I will be up in MD the end of June to be with Celia and Dylan....and, I just returned from MN where I was with Owen and Audrey.....but, I need a "grandkid" fix really badly right now.  It's so hard being a long-distance grandma....
*sigh*

***********************************************

Dave is mesmerized by the college basketball games going on all the time right now.  He is having a love affair with the television! Didn't we just finish football season????

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em....so, I  got into the spirit of things by inviting family to join me in the ESPN Bracket Challenge.  I called our team: "Grammie's Got Game".  The winner of the whole thing gets $10,000 and bragging rights.  Of course, I don't expect any of us to be even close....but, it is fun anyway!

Right now, I am actually tied for first place on our little team. Not bad for an "old lady" huh?! I am going to "milk" that for all that I can while I'm up there!
Of course, I'm not discussing that  I am ranked # 193,039 in the tournament as a whole..... ssh.

**************************************************

Well, I think that it is time to get myself moving, take my morning walk.... and take advantage of this gorgeous day!  :  )

2 comments:

Tabor said...

I am sorry you are so far from you little ones, but you seem to have the resources to see them often...so do so!

Susan Adcox said...

We have been having gorgeous weather, too. My grandkids have been on spring break, and I've been enjoying flying kites, going to the playground and just hanging out with three of them. The other four chose to go snow skiing over spring break. Go figure!