Friday, June 10, 2011

I couldn't wait to get into my bed last night!

Now that I have your attention......ha!

Actually, the truth is, I just bought a brand new bed and it was delivered yesterday.

All day long I was filled with the excitement and anticipation of having an incredibly wonderful night's sleep on my brand new Simmon's mattress and boxspring.  Ever since my sciatica has been acting up, I have come to the realization that my very old bed was just that....very old.  It was saggy where it shouldn't have been, and, even though it was certainly soft and squishy to sleep on...it probably wasn't doing much good for my back!

I did a little research and found out that a nice firm mattress would probably be the best bet....so, off I went to begin to test it all out.  I laid down on quite a few beds....and, then took Dave back with me to see what he thought.  Unfortunately, he seemed to like the "plush" side of the beds while I favored the "firmer" side.  Both had a pillow top so I figure that would help with the firmness.

So, the Simmon's firm /pillow top won out.

When I woke up this morning, I expected all of my aches and pains to be miraculously gone after sleeping on my brand new (and, expensive) mattress.

But, I still had my usual aches and pains when I woke up.  What was I thinking?

Anyway, I am now a bit concerned that the "firm" one may be a little too firm!!  I am questioning my decision and making myself crazy.  The store's policy is that I must keep it for at least 30 days....and, if I am still not happy with it I can exchange it for a different mattress.....pay for shipping costs, as well as a 15% re-stocking fee.

Yikes.

Stay tuned for my next 30 days on the brand new mattress.... :  )

Good night.

No comments: