Saturday, August 06, 2011

As I walked outside to get the morning paper....

.....I took a deep breath and appreciated the early morning peace and quiet.  Other than a few birds singing and a gentle wind blowing....there really wasn't much going on.

I went back inside my house and made myself a whole wheat bagel spread with delicious almond butter and strawberry preserves.  I sat and read the paper while sipping on a tall glass of chilled orange juice.

Sitting at my kitchen bar area, I glanced outside at my beautiful backyard with appreciation. A couple of hummingbirds were "fighting" over who would get a sip of the fresh new sugar water that I had put out yesterday.

I watered a few of my inside plants that were beginning to ask for water by beginning to wilt slightly.

I am looking forward to picking Dave up from the airport later this afternoon....cooking up some homemade crab cakes to be enjoyed while sipping a glass of red wine.  The wine was dropped off yesterday by my dear friend, Gary, who told me that he wanted to share his newest bargain "find" of a really great wine. : )

Going down to my kiln with a bit of trepidation, I opened the still warm lid to discover that all of my student's treasures were intact.  I couldn't help but smile as I unloaded each piece and marveled at what good work they had done....especially for beginners. I'm looking forward to being able to hand over the finished pieces to them on Tuesday night!

My iphone let me know that it was my turn to solve a word puzzle game that I am in the process of playing with my two sons.

And, so, the day begins.

As always, it is the simple pleasures in life that I love the most.





2 comments:

Tabor said...

Cellphone...hundreds of dollars...being able to play with one's children, priceless.

Granny Annie said...

Blend pineapple sherbet with your favorite cold white wine for a lovely summer drink. I'm just sayin'...