Friday, November 18, 2011

Making sense out of confusion...

Without even getting out of bed this morning, I grabbed my iPad and immediately went to the obituary page online.

 I looked in disbelief as a beautiful picture of my friend popped up on the screen. "This is real..." I muttered to myself, as I read through the short synopsis of her life...

Being out of town and hearing the horrific news, the nightmarish past days...the prayer services...the complete shock of seeing my usually ebullient friend lying silently in a hospital bed...the stories of friendships past and present being told...feeling hopeful that she would make it through this sudden illness...and then, the "telling" MRI letting us know the grim news.

Feeling helpless while trying to make sense of a life taken too soon and so suddenly.

Rest in peace, dear Gail.

You are loved....and you will be missed.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend. I went through something like this last week. I will be thinking of you....

Susan Adcox said...

Sometimes we do have to see something in print before it seems real. So sad, and I know it was a shock to get back into town and learn what had been going on. I'll be thinking about you.