Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Feelin' groovy?

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

It's May 1st tomorrow.

When did that happen?????

Didn't it turn into 2008 just the other day?

I continue to feel like time is just flying by me.

It brings to mind one of Simon and Garfunkel's old songs from the 60's:

The 59th Street Bridge Song

"Slow down, you move too fast.

You got to make the mornin' last.

Just kickin' down the cobblestones,

Lookin' for fun and feelin' groovy.

Hello lamppost, whatcha knowin'?

I come to watch your flowers growin'.

Aintcha got no rhymes for me?

doo it doo doo, feelin' groovy.

Ba da da da da da da, feelin' groovy.

I got no deeds to do, no promises to keep.

I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep.

Let the morningtime drop all it's petals on me

Life, I love you, all is groovy!

Ba da da da da da da bap a dee...."

Now those were the times when the days didn't speed by quite as quickly as they do now. Life was so much more carefree and easy back then, wasn't it?

Wasn't it????

Maybe it just seems that way to me now that I am getting old and 'cranky' instead of feeling young and 'groovy'...

Hmmm.

No comments: