Thursday, January 08, 2009

Empowering

Driving home from doing errands this afternoon, I was touched by a bumper sticker on the car ahead of me.

We were on a very busy stretch of road and I could only read part of it before traffic began to move again.

Now, normally I would be hoping for the lights to work with me by being green all the way down....however, because I wanted to get closer to this car's rear bumper to finish reading the sticker...I was actually hoping for some red lights.

Of course, wouldn't you know it? The lights remained green for most of the way home! Luckily, right before I had to turn off, we hit a red light and I was finally able to get close enough to read the whole thing. Here it is:

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Amen.

4 comments:

JeanMac said...

Amen to that!

always abby said...

I love that....thanks for sharing...you and your blog can be so calming......abby

Winifred said...

Nice one.

Maybe they should have these in Gaza!

namaste said...

oh how true that is!

thanks for stopping by my blog. come any time! :)