Tuesday, June 02, 2009

My "Baby Rattle" cupcakes

Remember the video on making baby rattle cupcakes? Well, I made them for the baby shower at my house last Saturday...and, here they are:

Were they easy to make? The "putting them together" part wasn't bad...but, mixing all of the icing colors and then icing them took me quite a while! Of course, not everyone needs to do them in a rainbow of colors like I did. : O

You may not be able to tell in my pictures....but, each cupcake has a lollipop stick (I got these at Michael's) with a gumdrop and gummie lifesaver at one end...and, a ribbon at the top. I made a small slit into each paper cover on the cupcakes and slid the stick right in. They looked cute when they were placed individually on each dessert plate.

The ladies all seemed to enjoy them...so, I think that they were worth the effort! : )

Give it a try! Good luck....

5 comments:

listen for azure said...

What fun! I haven't been to a baby shower in years... I'll keep these in mind for when I have grandbabies!

JeanMac said...

How beautiful! Worth it but a lot of work.

Granny Annie said...

I have a wonderful idea -- you make them and I'll buy them from you for my next baby shower:)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

You are talented - and - have a lot of patience!!!!

Anonymous said...

These look terrific, Grammie! :-)
Go Betty Crocker! Jenny