Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mixed marriage?

I took the liberty of editing this section of the Funky Winkerbean comic strip from Monday's paper to use in my blog today.

I loved the play on the words "mixed marriage" in talking about men and women....and, as I shared it with my girlfriends the other day, they all laughed "knowingly".

The sentiment expressed above is so very true. Could men and women be any more different??!?! I don't think so!

I guess that one could say that it keeps relationships interesting...and/or frustrating.... at times.

The whole "Mars and Venus" thing has been discussed over and over, so, I won't elaborate here....

BUT, why can't men be more like women?

Is that too much to ask?

: )

1 comment:

Granny Annie said...

I am married to the love of my life. We can talk about "almost" everything. I confide in him and he attempts to listen. He tells me stories of the sea and I enjoy hearing them. We are strength and support for each other in every crisis. I can laugh with my husband but we do not giggle. I can cry and he panics instead of understanding that comedy can make me cry. He can hear my secrets and never understand what the big deal is. So this must be why I crave girlfriends so much. But I must add that I certainly enjoy a "mixed" marriage:)