Wednesday, July 07, 2010

5:50 a.m. Wednesday morning

Even though I went to bed relatively late last night, I found myself wide awake at 5:50 a.m. this morning. My mind was just racing and I couldn't turn it off so I gave up, got out of bed...and began my day. I had so many things going through my head...including the work NOT being done on my flood damage! I went through my blog archives and found that "The Great Flood of 2010" actually began on February 4th! So here I sit on July 7th with many of the issues still not fixed. I may soon have to rename it "The Great Flood of 2011"...

The contractor from the mitigation company who is in charge of my damage is such a good guy....but, seems to be extremely overwhelmed and in need of some help. I have even taken on the job of calling some of the workers to light a fire under them and schedule appointments. Even then, they don't always show up. Saying that I am frustrated would be an understatement!

As I am typing this I am glancing out my window just in time to see the neighborhood squirrels having a wonderful time eating the bird food and swinging from my "squirrel-proof" feeder. I am awaiting a new bottom for the feeder that the Droll Yankees company has offered to send me free of charge to see if it helps my squirrel issue. It is a rechargeable battery operated thingamajig that supposedly begins to spin and fling the squirrels off before they can get to the food.

Knowing my backyard squirrels, they will probably be charging other squirrels for a ride on the new "swing and feed" contraption on my feeder. Wheeeeee!

Aack.

I wish that I could get my head to stop spinning with all of the many thoughts that are going through it....it is quite exhausting.

I foresee a nap being a necessity later this afternoon.

yawn.

4 comments:

Grandma Mary said...

Hang in there Grandma. I can't imagine taking care of a home all by myself.
I want to downsize but it looks like it is going to be awhile.
Be sure and get that nap in.
Hugs, Grandma Mary

L. said...

Thanks for your comments, Grandma Mary.

Taking care of my home does get overwhelming...but, I love it so much here that I am not quite ready to give it all up..and, I love having room for the kids and their babies when they visit! : )
Have a great day! xoxo

Susan Adcox said...

We've been trying to devise a way to keep the squirrels out of my dad's feeders for a couple of years--then we discovered that raccoons were the major culprits!

Here's one of my blogs with pictures of the squirrel marauders.

L. said...

Your squirrel pictures were awesome, Susan....and it was a great post.
I am going to attempt to put the "Yankee Flipper" onto my feeder today in my neverending war with the squirrels!
xoxo